Thank you for submitting your project to the Geeks Without Bounds accelerator process, also known as GWOB. All submissions are subject to the following agreement.
This is a Legal Agreement
1. Please read these terms before submitting and do not submit your project if you do not want to be bound by these terms. By submitting your project to GWOB, you are indicating your agreement with these terms.
2. Submitting your project to GWOB means it will be considered for mentorship in our accelerator program. No projects will be automatically included, but may be chosen from among all submissions in GWOB’s sole discretion. Other than this agreement, there is no contract, partnership, or joint venture formed between you and GWOB as a result of your submission.
3. You retain the intellectual property rights in anything that you submit to GWOB, however you agree to allow GWOB to use the materials submitted, or any portion of them, as follows:
a. As to any video, source code, text, images, or other copyrighted material, you grant GWOB a nonexclusive, perpetual, world-wide license to use, copy, broadcast, distribute, and create derivative works of any such material with attribution consistent with Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.
b. As to patents and inventions, you grant GWOB the perpetual, nonexclusive right to promote, produce, disclose, and develop any product or service included in, or related to, the submitted materials.
c. As to your likeness, or the likeness of any person referred to in the submitted materials, you grant GWOB the unlimited right to use the same, including any right of publicity, in connection with GWOB’s (or its assignee’s) projects, promotions, or operations.
d. As to any brand name, trademark, or trade dress rights in the submitted materials, or associated with the submitted materials or any portion of it, you grant GWOB the limited right to use the same in connection with GWOB’s (or its assignee’s) projects, promotions, or operations as follows: GWOB will not brand its own products or services with your marks, but will use the marks in any other manner provided for in this agreement, and at its sole discretion.
e. As to trade secrets, submissions to GWOB are not confidential. GWOB neither requests nor ensures the confidentiality of trade secret information included in any submission.
Your Representations and Promises
4. By submitting any material to GWOB, you represent that you have the exclusive right to do so, or you are authorized to do so. You represent that none of the material you are submitting infringes on the rights of any other party. You also represent that neither the material, nor your project violate the laws of any applicable government. You also represent that you are authorized to grant all rights to GWOB as set forth in this agreement.
5. You promise that, if your project is selected for inclusion in GWOB’s accelerator project, you will participate fully and actively in the project for a period of not less than six months.
6. You promise to indemnify GWOB, and any person or entity associated with GWOB (including, but not limited to The Accelerator for Humanitarian Projects and School Factory), from all losses of any kind, including attorneys’ fees, in any dispute arising out of the breach of this agreement by you or the enforcement of this agreement against you or any third party, or as a result of any false or incorrect representations by you in this agreement or other communications with GWOB.
Disclaimer by GWOB
7. You understand and agree that all products and services provided by GWOB are provided without warranties or guarantees of any kind. We do not know what the outcome of your submission to GWOB will be. If your project is selected, we do not know whether or not it will be successful by any measure. GWOB does not promise that all selected projects will complete the accelerator process and does not promise anything about what will be included in the accelerator process.
8. GWOB SPECIFICALLY AND GENERALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SALEABILITY, OR NONINFRINGEMENT REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH OR RESULTING FROM THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY GWOB ACTIVITY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
9. By entering into this agreement, you release GWOB, its officers and directors, advisors, agents, affiliates, sponsors, and assigns, from any and all claims now or in the future, known or unknown, arising out of, or relating to this agreement or the accelerator process. In so doing, if you are a California resident, you expressly and knowingly waive the provisions of California Civil Code, section 1542, which states:
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the Release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
10. All of GWOB’s rights under this agreement may be freely assigned by GWOB to any other entity in GWOB’s sole discretion.
11. Submitting your project to GWOB is only the first step in the process. You understand that during the course of the accelerator process, or at the conclusion of the accelerator process, it may become necessary for you to enter into additional contracts with GWOB or other entities. GWOB makes no promises of any such agreements or of future success of any kind. This experience will be what you make of it. We hope it will be wonderful and wish you good luck.