Bachchao (pronounced BAH-chow) is a mobile app for personal security conceptualised at Random Hacks of Kindness in Bangalore, India in June of 2012. It was created to help mitigate the danger in situations like this. Bachchao provides two main services in the event of a crime: 1) It sends an alarm via SMS to one or more trusted friends and 2) it records a video which can serve as a digital witness when no live witnesses are around. The message that your friends receive includes location information to help them guide police directly to you. The video is streamed directly to a server so that even if your phone is taken from you, the video will be safe.
During the accelerator period, the project leadership realized that the problems need more than just a single mobile app ported to different devices. Now, in addition to the original mobile software platform, they are working on specialized apps for different types of personal security concerns and different environments.
- Tell everyone about our project! Follow us on Twitter. Help us connect with the people who will build The Bachchao Project into a strong organization.
- Mobile Developers
- Android, iOS, Windows Phones and Java for feature phones.
- UX and Graphic designers
- Usability is always important. If you can assist in improving the user interface of Bachchao, please speak to us.
- Embedded Developers
- Some projects in the planning stages will use tools other than mobile phones for personal security. If you have arduino skills or embedded development skills, you can help build this new generation of Bachchao products.
- Server side Developer/Architect
- All the applications and other project worked with a web application to enable community participation.If you python development skills,you can help build this essential piece
- Donate money